Saturday, March 14, 2009

Web 2.0 1.0

I am enrolled in the Technology in Education program at National-Louis University. I may add comments about the program itself in a future post, but not now. The program requires me to take two one-credit workshops, and today, Saturday, I am in the first session of a workshop on Web 2.0. The workshop is being taught by Randy Hansen, who also happens be to the Program Director.

I know that Web 2.0 is one of those ideas that has been out there for a while now. And it is more of an idea or a concept than a specific technology, or maybe a bundle of technologies that make the realization of a general idea possible. And that General Idea is that we are not just the objects of the web, but also the subjects (in sort-of-Brechtian terms); or not just consumers but also producers (in ho-hum market terms).

Our first assignment today is to create a blog in Blogger, but I am recycling this already existent blog.

Posting now...

jd

No comments: