Saturday, January 30, 2010

Essential questions

Essential questions are considered a key aspect of inquiry-based learning. Here is my first pass at creating a list of essential questions:

What are the 39 Steps?

Who do you love?

Why is the ocean near the shore?

How many seas must a white dove sail before she sleeps in the sand?

How many holes does it take to fill the Albert Hall?

Who wrote the Book of Love?

Who will stop the rain?

How come you say you will when you won't?

How come you say you do when you don't?

How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry?

How many deaths will it take till he knows that too many people have died?

Will the circle be unbroken?

¿Que es mas macho? Light bulb or school bus?

Why does a cube have six sides?

"Hey buddy -- why the long face?" (A horse walks into a bar. Bartender says, ...)

When the DVD says that the image has been re-formatted to fit my TV screen, how do they know what size my TV is?

Knock, knock. Who's there?

What ails thee?

I have some feedback for you. Would you like to hear it?

jd

1 comment:

Anna Johnson said...

you made my day, man. I also think folk music is loaded with essential questions. Unfortunately, I don't think this will count as a comment to your post....and I DO NOT apologize for not asking for your permission before I spoke my mind.
keep thinkin' JD....you're on a roll?